ThriftTrac’s web portal may be accessed from any internet-connected device. A desktop computer, laptop computer, tablet or even a smartphone may be used (although the smartphone’s screen may be a bit small). A WiFi-connected device or one using cellular data is sufficient to utilize. The best configuration depends upon your physical environment. Listed below are some suggested configurations.
Recording business metrics in an office
- Desktop computer
- Connected via WiFi or Ethernet
- Laptop computer or tablet in a LifeProof case
- Connected via WiFi
- Wireless printer (for receipts)
OnTrac, the iOS app that integrates with ThriftTrac, requires an internet-connected iPad as well as additional point-of-sale hardware. The iPad connects to a receipt printer for communication and power. The receipt printer also controls the cash drawer. A stand is recommended as well.
Tracking customer transactions
- Apple iPad with WiFi connection, 16GB
- Star Micronics receipt printer TSP 143IIIU GRY (Part #: 39472310)
- Star Micronics CD3-1616 Traditional 5 Bill/8 Coin Cash Drawer with 2 Media Slots and Included Cable (16″ x 16″) – Black (Part #: 37965600)
- CTA Digital Anti-Theft Security Case with POS Stand for iPad (Model #: PAD-ASCS)
In every use case, internet access is critical and can be met in numerous ways.
For assistance in selecting the appropriate hardware for your specific application, contact us at email@example.com.