ThriftTrac’s web portal may be accessed from any internet-connected device. A desktop computer, laptop computer, tablet or even a smartphone may be used (although the smartphone’s screen may be a bit small). A WiFi-connected device or one using cellular data is sufficient to utilize. The best configuration depends upon your physical environment. Listed below are some suggested configurations.
Recording business metrics in an office
- Desktop computer
- Connected via WiFi or Ethernet
- Laptop computer or tablet in a protective case
- Connected via WiFi
- Wireless printer (for receipts)
OnTrac, the iOS app that integrates with ThriftTrac, requires an internet-connected iPad as well as additional point-of-sale hardware. The iPad connects to a receipt printer for communication and power. The receipt printer also controls the cash drawer. A stand is recommended as well.
Tracking customer transactions
- Apple 10.2 iPad with WiFi connection, 32GB
- Star Micronics receipt printer mc-Print 3 Thermal Printer with USB / Lightning / LAN connectivity (Part #: 39651110)
- Star Micronics CD3-1616 Traditional 5 Bill/8 Coin Cash Drawer with 2 Media Slots and Included Cable (16″ x 16″) – Black (Part #: 37965600)
- Beelta iPad Holder Stand for 10.2 iPad (Model #: BSC401B)
- Lightening to USB cable
In every use case, internet access is critical and can be met in numerous ways.
For assistance in selecting the appropriate hardware for your specific application, contact us at email@example.com.